Friday, March 22, 2013

Two-Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies will probably not be the best cookies you'll ever eat. So why, you might ask, am I posting them? Who starts a post with a statement like that? What kind of food blogger am I!? 

Well, I'm a time-strapped, health-conscious blogger who believes in the value of honesty and dessert. That's who I am, and that's why I'm posting this recipe. Because these cookies, while not mind-blowing, are certainly good, and incredibly easy, fast, and healthy. And when I recently whipped up a batch for some friends I had over to my apartment, they all disappeared from the plate within minutes. So I'd say they're worth sharing!
The two basic ingredients of these cookies are oats and very ripe bananas. Never, ever throw away over-ripe bananas -- there's SO many options for what you can do with them: smoothies, baked goods, "ice cream" (I'm sure I'll share this recipe at some point), etc. If you don't feel like doing something with them right away, just pop them in the freezer for later. Anyway, in addition to the oats and bananas, you can add essentially whatever you like to these cookies. I chose to add some cinnamon and a little salt (which I recommend) and then mixed in some walnuts and chocolate chips. Raisins or any other kind of dried fruit, pomegranate seeds, and peanut butter would probably all be delightful as well! 

The recipe couldn't be simpler: mix everything together and scoop "cookie" sized balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. And that's it! Serve warm, perhaps with some ice cream. Then have a handful of the leftovers with some yogurt and fruit for a tasty breakfast.




Two-Ingredient (plus mix-ins!) Oatmeal Cookies
(makes approximately 16 cookies)

1 c oats
2 very ripe bananas (small/medium)
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tbsp chocolate chips
Sprinkle of salt
Dash of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything together in a medium bowl. Scoop cookies onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or just spray your sheet well). Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment